Lio Messi keeps scoring for PSG in the Champions League, this time two goals against RB Leipzig.
KYLIAN MBAPPE 👉 LIONEL MESSI. 💥 pic.twitter.com/3ohsi4pu2R— CBS Sports Golazo ⚽️ (@CBSSportsGolazo) October 19, 2021
MESSI. PANENKA. COLD. 🥶 pic.twitter.com/l5rK97a8ra— CBS Sports Golazo ⚽️ (@CBSSportsGolazo) October 19, 2021
● Paris Saint-Germain have been defeated only four times in 44 home matches in the group stages of the UEFA Champions League (W34 D6), winning all six of their games against German sides (Bayern Munich x4, RB Leipzig x2).
● RB Leipzig have lost five of their six away UEFA Champions League matches since the start of last season (W1), with those six games producing 29 goals at an average of 4.8 per game.
● RB Leipzig manager Jesse Marsch has taken charge of 15 UEFA Champions League matches to date and has never seen one of his sides keep a clean sheet. The American has taken charge of more games with his team conceding in 100% of them than any other manager in the history of the competition (15/15).
● Lionel Messi has become the fourth player to score in their first two home UEFA Champions League matches for Paris Saint-Germain after Neymar (2017), Alex (2012) and George Weah (1994). Messi has now scored 19 goals in 18 games against German opposition in the competition.
● Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappé, who doesn’t turn 23 until December, has already scored 28 goals in the UEFA Champions League; it’s the most by any player in the competition before their 23rd birthday, ahead of Lionel Messi (25).
● Since making his first appearance RB Leipzig in the UEFA Champions League in February 2020, Angeliño has provided seven assists in 13 matches for the club. The only player to provide more assists in the competition over this time in Joshua Kimmich (8).
● Five French players started this match, with more featuring for RB Leipzig (Nkunku, Mukiele, Simakan) than Paris Saint-Germain (Mbappé, Kimpembe).