Chelsea's busy January is showing no signs of slowing down, despite landing five players already.
The Blues, who are 10th in the Premier League, have brought in Mykhaylo Mudryk, Noni Madueke, Andrey Santos, David Datro Fofana and Benoit Badiashile during this window.
Chelsea are 10 points behind fourth-placed Manchester United and desperate for a top-four finish to bring Champions League football back to Stamford Bridge.
And another signing is now imminent.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA AGREE DEAL FOR LYON'S GUSTO
Fabrizio Romano claims Chelsea have agreed to a deal with Lyon to sign right-back Malo Gusto.
The 19-year-old will fly to London and undergo medical tests on Saturday, with the player to join the Blues in June 2023.
Lyon will receive $33 million plus add-ons and retain the player on loan for the remainder of the season.
OL head coach Laurent Blanc had said the club's board guaranteed that he would remain with the club this season, with the loan solving that roadblock.
– Arsenal will make an improved offer for Brighton and Hove Albion midfielder Moises Caicedo , according to The Telegraph. The Seagulls turned down Arsenal's initial $74m bid for the Ecuadorian, who took to social media to plead with the club to let him go.
– Atletico Madrid are back in for PSG defender Presnel Kimpembe , having been interested in him during the off-season, reports Le Parisien. Kimpembe, who is out of contract in mid-2024, may slip out of favor at PSG with the French champions pushing to sign Inter's Milan Skriniar.
– Real Madrid have ruled out an off-season transfer for West Ham United midfielder Declan Rice , according to The Daily Mail. The report claims Rice has "given his word" to Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta that he will join the Gunners next season.
– Roma midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo has rejected a move to Premier League strugglers Bournemouth despite the club's board traveling to Italy, preferring Milan or Tottenham instead, claims Fabrizio Romano.
– FootMercato claims PSG are readying a bid for Lyon's 19-year-old winger Rayan Cherki. PSG have previously tabled two bids for him.
– Lyon are also set to lose 22-year-old Brazilian winger Tete who will join Leicester City until the end of the season, reports The Sun. West Ham, Brentford and Leeds United were also interested in Tete.