Juventus have reportedly made contact with Christian Pulisic's camp as they begin the process of putting together a January offer for the out-of-favor Chelsea winger.
Pulisic, 24, has only started one game this season in all club competitions, and he was subbed off in the 60th minute. He also has made five appearances as a substitute, but the longest has lasted 26 minutes.
The United States international, who was signed from Borussia Dortmund for a $63million fee in January 2019, now finds himself on the outside looking in, and long-time admirers of Juventus are seeking to capitalize on the potentially depreciated asset.
TOP STORY – JUVENTUS CONTACT PULISIC ABOUT SERIE A MOVE
According to Calciomercato, Pulisic has been "very fond of the Juventus management for some time" and he plans on leaving at the end of the season when he has one year remaining on his contract and more leverage.
While Pulisic may wish to see out the remainder of the season and give things a go with new boss Graham Potter, Chelsea are said to have set his price at a reasonable figure of $33m. If the Italian side view that as a fair price, and if Pulisic has not broken into a starting role by January, things could progress quicker than anticipated.
However, further Calciomercato reports claiming Juventus are eyeing moves for defenders Benoit Badiashile from Monaco and Evan Ndicka from Eintracht Frankfurt at the end of the campaign could imply they do not have the necessary funds to make any serious additions mid-season.
– According to iNews, Newcastle United are considering a $54m bid for Shakhtar Donetsk's rising 21-year-old winger Mykhalo Mudryk.
– Marca is claiming Real Madrid's "main target" at the end of the season will be Borussia Dortmund's prized English midfielder Jude Bellingham.
– Corriere dello Sport is reporting Chelsea plan to increase their previous offer of $48m for 26-year-old Inter defender Denzel Dumfries and would be willing to loan him back to the Italian club for the remainder of the season if they can come to an agreement in January.
– With Manchester United reportedly ready to move on from goalkeeper David de Gea, Football Insider states they are monitoring Aston Villa's Emiliano Martinez as a replacement.
– RAC1 claims Real Madrid's Marco Asensio has already signed a preliminary contract with rivals Barcelona, with his Madrid contract set to expire at the end of this season.