Manchester United are reportedly set to finally make another signing with the arrival of Edinson Cavani.
Cavani, 33, has been a free agent since leaving Paris Saint-Germain at the end of his contract in June.
Linked with numerous clubs, the Uruguayan appears set for Old Trafford.
TOP STORY – CAVANI AGREES TO JOIN MAN UTD
Cavani is set to travel to England on Sunday to complete his move to Manchester United, according to The Guardian.
Widespread reports say Cavani will join United on a one-year deal with the option of extending until 2022.
Cavani scored 200 goals across seven seasons at PSG, becoming the Ligue 1 club's all-time leading goalscorer.
- Callum Hudson-Odoi's future looks set to be a major talking point before the transfer window closes on Monday. The Daily Mail reports Chelsea turned down an offer for Hudson-Odoi from Bayern Munich, who are said to have initially wanted the attacker on loan with an option to buy for €77.3million (£70m).
- Elsewhere in London, Dele Alli's future at Tottenham remains uncertain. The Daily Mail says Spurs are expecting another bid from PSG for the midfielder after having two offers rejected. Staying at Spurs and The Athletic reports they have reached an agreement with Hoffenheim to loan out Ryan Sessegnon for the 2020-21 season.
- It seems Arsenal have fallen short in their bid to sign Lyon star Houssem Aouar. Goal reports the 22-year-old is planning to stay at the Ligue 1 club despite apparent interest from Arsenal, Manchester City and Real Madrid.
- Arsenal may look elsewhere. ESPN reports Arsenal have turned their focus to Chelsea midfielder Jorginho, who they hope to sign on loan.
- Chelsea could be looking for others to leave too. The Sun reports the Premier League club want to see Ruben Loftus-Cheek depart on loan, with Southampton linked with the midfielder.
- Moise Kean may be heading back to Juventus. Corriere dello Sport says Juve want the Everton forward on a free loan with a purchase option, while the Premier League high-flyers are hoping to get back the €27.5million (£24.9m) plus €2.5m (£2.3m) in add-ons they paid for the 20-year-old last year.