F1 Bombshell: Verstappen Renews With Red Bull Until 2030

  • Max Verstappen has ended the speculation surrounding his future by signing a new Red Bull deal through 2030, ruling out the possibility of moves to Mercedes or McLaren.

The future of Max Verstappen has finally been decided. Red Bull announced on Thursday, ahead of the Dutch Grand Prix, that the four-time world champion will remain with the team through the end of the 2030 season.


The announcement brings an end to one of the biggest storylines of the season. In recent months, Verstappen had been linked with potential moves to Mercedes and McLaren, while he had even suggested that he could walk away from Formula 1.

Ultimately, the Dutch driver decided to remain with the team where he has built almost his entire Formula 1 career. Verstappen joined Red Bull in 2016 and won his first race with the team in Barcelona, becoming the youngest driver in history to win an F1 Grand Prix.

Since then, the partnership has developed into one of the sport's greatest success stories. Verstappen has won four world championships with Red Bull and will now have the opportunity to continue building that legacy through 2030.

"I'm very happy with the extension of the contract. We have the best people and I'm very excited to continue working together to get back to the top," Verstappen said after the announcement.

The driver also described Red Bull as a second family and said continuing with the same team throughout his career was something he had always wanted.

The decision comes after months of uncertainty. Red Bull began the season behind Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren, raising questions about whether the team could provide Verstappen with a car capable of fighting for another championship.

The team responded by significantly reducing the gap to its main rivals. Although the car remains somewhat inconsistent, Verstappen ultimately saw enough positive signs to commit to the project.

The arrival of Laurent Mekies as team principal has also played a role. Verstappen praised the new leadership's vision and said there is strong belief within Milton Keynes in the project being developed.

Mekies welcomed the decision to keep the four-time world champion.


"Having Max and retaining the best driver on the grid is fantastic news for everyone at Red Bull, Oracle Red Bull Racing, F1 and motorsport as a whole," Mekies said.

Verstappen was already under contract until 2028 and was widely regarded as the highest-paid driver on the grid. However, reports of performance-related clauses had fueled speculation that he could leave the team early.

Those rumors can now be put to rest. Red Bull and Verstappen will remain together until 2030, sharing the same objective: returning to the top and fighting for more victories and championships.

The renewal is particularly significant because the Dutch Grand Prix will leave the calendar after the next edition. Verstappen will therefore enter this weekend's race at Zandvoort knowing that it will be the final Dutch Grand Prix in front of his home fans, while also having complete certainty about his future.