Barcelona has reportedly reignited their chase of Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva and is said to be confident in their ability to get the deal done in January.
Silva, 28, has won four league titles with City since arriving at the club in 2017 and is enjoying another strong season after setting a new career-high with eight Premier League goals in the 2021-22 campaign.
The Portuguese international with 72 senior caps has two goals and five assists in his 12 league appearances this season and has appeared in all six of City's Champions League group stage fixtures.
Barcelona has been linked with Silva for months, but after recent reports claimed they had moved on, a recent development has positively impacted the Spanish giants' financial situation and put the City star back on their radar.
TOP STORY – BARCELONA REVISIT CITY'S SILVA AFTER PIQUE RETIREMENT
According to Sport, the retirement of Gerard Pique has resulted in significantly improved financial flexibility for Barcelona, allowing them to revisit their long-standing interest in Silva.
The report claims City may be hesitant to part ways with a key contributor in the midst of a title chase, but that Silva had previously asked to leave the club before the failed sale of Frenkie de Jong muddied the waters.
Meanwhile, Mundo Deportivo adds Barcelona will look at 31-year-old Athletic Bilbao center-back Inigo Martinez as their top choice to fill the defensive void left by Pique's departure.
– Calciomercato is reporting Chelsea is preparing to terminate the loan of Denis Zakaria, claiming they can not offer him regular starts and have no interest in activating the €28million buy clause in the deal.
– According to ESPN, Liverpool is the favorite ahead of Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United, and City to land Borussia Dortmund phenom Jude Bellingham.
– The Leicester Mercury is reporting Leicester City will not allow Youri Tielemans to leave during the January transfer window, despite his contract expiring at the end of the season.
– Milan is keeping a close eye on 22-year-old Spezia center-back Jakub Kiwior, with Gazzetta dello Sport reporting they could make a move in January.
– According to La Razon, Aston Villa manager Unai Emery is interested in 25-year-old centre-back Pau Torres, who he coached at Villarreal.