Xavi has his work cut out at Camp Nou following his appointment as Barcelona head coach.
Barca have struggled on the pitch amid off-field turmoil and financial problems.
But Xavi wants to make Barca great again and he reportedly has his eyes on some players across Europe.
TOP STORY – BARCA EYE TRIO
RB Leipzig star Dani Olmo and Manchester City pair Ferran Torres and Raheem Sterling are transfer options for Barcelona, according to Thursday's Mundo Deportivo.
Xavi is now at the helm of Barca and the club great is tasked with restoring the fortunes of the embattled LaLiga giants.
The Barca head coach is keen to reinforce his squad in either January or at the end of the season.
Barca have also been linked with Chelsea forward Timo Werner and Manchester United veteran Edinson Cavani.
- Gazzetta dello Sport says Paul Pogba is set to leave United and Juventus are trying to re-sign the Frenchman, though his salary is proving problematic. Pogba is out of contract at the end of the season and he has been linked with Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain.
- Inter are pressing Marcelo Brozovic to sign a new contract by Christmas, claims Gazzetta dello Sport. The Croatia international is reportedly wanted by Barca, Liverpool, PSG and United.
- Steven Gerrard is expected to join Aston Villa as their new manager, reports Fabrizio Romano. The Rangers boss is set to be joined by his backroom staff at Villa.
- Fiorentina are trying to sign River Plate striker Julian Alvarez as Dusan Vlahovic prepares to leave but Juve are also interested, according to Corriere dello Sport. Vlahovic has no plans to renew in Florence and the Serbia international has been linked with City, Atletico Madrid, Arsenal, Tottenham, Juve and Inter.
- The Mirror says United are confident of landing Leicester City's Brendan Rodgers as their new manager. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is under mounting pressure at United and former Liverpool boss Rodgers has emerged as a target for the struggling Red Devils due to a release clause in his contract.