Manchester United has been linked to Raphael Varane in transfer rumours for months.
Now it appears the move could come to fruition, as Marca reports United and Real Madrid are close to a €50million (£42m) agreement.
More details. Raphaël Varane contract with Manchester United will be on a four-years basis with option to extend until June 2026. Personal terms agreed since days and paperworks prepared in the last few hours. 🔴⏳ #MUFC #Varane— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) July 26, 2021
Real Madrid accepted the bid today morning. 🤝
Though the Mirror reports some at the Premier League club are worried the 28-year-old is merely using them to get a better deal out of Madrid, Fabrizio Romano says United are "confident" a deal is close and that no other clubs are involved.
– With his Arsenal contract set to expire next year, Alexandre Lacazette is in demand, and Calciomercato says Atletico Madrid are pondering a potential €15m offer.
– Erik Lamela is set to join Sevilla in a swap deal, with Tottenham getting Bryan Gil, Marca says, while Romano says Spurs will also get €25m in the deal and Gil will sign through 2026.
– Newcastle is eyeing Ross Barkley as a potential addition if it cannot pry Joe Willock away from Arsenal, says The Athletic, with a loan move for Leicester's Hamza Choudhury also a possibility.
– West Ham could make a move for Liverpool's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, says the Express.
– Ben White's £50m move from Brighton to Arsenal will be official next week, reports Romano.
– Paris Saint-Germain has had talks with Kalidou Koulibaly's agent about a move from Napoli, reports Corriere dello Sport.
– Roma has offered €15m for Barcelona's Clement Lenglet, says Sport.