The Blues made their transfer offer with defender Marcos Alonso also involved, but the Italian champions are demanding a £100m (€117m) fee.
Lukaku is said to be Chelsea's number one target after failing in its bid to lure Erling Haaland away from Borussia Dortmund.
- Real Madrid is still expecting Kylian Mbappe to let his Paris Saint-Germain contract expire at the end of the 2021-2022 season and join Los Blancos for free, according to AS.
- The Daily Star reports Manchester City and Tottenham are still unable to reach agreement in negotiations over Harry Kane, with £40m separating them currently.
- AS claims Barcelona remains in the box seat to sign highly sought-after Atletico Madrid star Saul Niguez despite their financial challenges. Saul has been chased by Premier League trio Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea.
- Atalanta is set to win the race to sign Juventus defender Merih Demiral, claims Sky Deutschland, with Cristian Romero looking likely to join Tottenham. Bundesliga pair Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen were also interested in the Turkey international.
- Roma head coach Jose Mourinho has switched his attention from Arsenal's Granit Xhaka to Dortmund's Thomas Delaney, according to Bild.