Real Madrid's desire to sign a new forward is not a secret.
The Spanish giant missed out on silverware in 2020-2021, much to its dismay.
Carlo Ancelotti has replaced Zinedine Zidane as manager with big expectations.
TOP STORY - MADRID TARGET SALAH IF MBAPPE FAILS
Ancelotti has told Real Madrid president Florentino Perez he wants to sign Liverpool's Mohamed Salah , reports Fichajes.
The Italian believes Los Blancos needs another forward, with Salah seen as his back-up plan if they fail to land Paris Saint-Germain's Kylian Mbappe.
Madrid's financial situation is complicated, with the club not making any major signings in 2020-2021 amid the fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic, but it appears determined to land a major forward this off-season.
- 90min reports that Manchester United's Jesse Lingard has emerged as a target for Spanish champion Atletico Madrid, having caught Diego Simeone's eye during his loan spell at West Ham United.
- Chelsea has shopped around striker Tammy Abraham and Arsenal is interested, according to The Telegraph.
- The Athletic believes Tottenham may make a move for Roma midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini, although he has a £26m (€30m) release clause.
- Poor relations between Spurs and Southampton, stemming from 2020's Pierre-Emile Hjobjerg deal, may scupper a proposed move for Danny Ings, according to Standard Sport.
- Newly promoted Brentford is set to splash a club record transfer fee of £13.5m to land Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer, claims The Telegraph.