Curry to skip three-point shoot-out

(Getty Images)

Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry has decided to skip the NBA's three-point shoot-out again this year.

Curry always told himself he would participate in the shoot-out until he won the event.

That happened in 2015. After losing the event to team-mate Klay Thompson in 2016, Curry skipped last year. He told ESPN Friday he will not participate this year, either.

"I told myself I was going to do it until I won," Curry told the San Jose Mercury News last year. "Then I won. Then I had to defend. And then Klay beat me. So it's a little bit of an internal battle.

"I love the spotlight being out there shooting, competing with the field, it's so much fun – the lights, the atmosphere, just you and the rim – but I put a lot of equity into that contest and it's time to kind of move on."

According to ESPN, Thompson will participate again this year, as will Miami Heat guard Wayne Ellington, Washington Wizards guard Bradley Beal and Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker.

As for Curry, look for his two-year hiatus to end next season when his hometown of Charlotte hosts All-Star Weekend.

"That makes sense," Curry told ESPN.