Wallabies impress to beat Wales yet again

Wales has not beaten Australia since 2008 and its miserable run against the Wallabies continued in Cardiff on Sunday (AEDT).

Rugby International: Wales 21-29 Australia

EXCLUSIVE: Larkham switches focus to England

REACTION: Will Genia | Michael HooperAlun Wyn Jones

WATCH the Wallabies' Spring Tour LIVE on beIN SPORTS

Australia made a hugely encouraging start to its European tour on Sunday (AEDT), extending its winning run against Wales to 13 matches with a 29-21 triumph in Cardiff.

The Wallabies out-scored their hosts four tries to two at Principality Stadium, the victory effectively sealed by an opportunist Kurtley Beale score in the 63rd minute.

Michael Hooper was sin-binned soon after, but Australia defied the loss of its captain for 10 minutes to record yet another win over Warren Gatland's men.

Tatafu Polota-Nau, Adam Coleman and Hooper were the other try-scorers for a Wallabies side now unbeaten in seven matches, while Wales wing Steff Evans crossed in the first half of his home debut.

However, it was also Evans who was stripped of possession by Beale in the second half as Australia's full-back stole the ball in a tackle before strolling clear to score under the posts.

Hallam Amos' subsequent 80th-minute score was no more than a consolation for Wales, which will be concerned by a late ankle injury to Jonathan Davies that left the British and Irish Lions centre writhing in agony as the full-time whistle blew.

Wales scored first through a Leigh Halfpenny penalty in the ninth minute, but Australia looked the sharper early on and claimed the opening try when hooker Polota-Nau, who will join Leicester Tigers from next month, was driven over with alarming ease from a lineout.

The hosts hit back in style, Evans going over on the left after the ball had been worked from one wing to the other after a scampering Gareth Davies break.

But Australia, with a host of able kickers across its backline, was soon ahead again thanks to a wonderful assist from Will Genia. Marika Koroibete was stopped inches short of the Wales line and Genia's flat, cut-out pass gave Coleman the simplest of finishes.

After a 51-metre penalty from Reece Hodge, who was back on the wing with Bernard Foley fit again, and a more routine three-pointer from Halfpenny, Wales coughed up possession as half-time neared and was punished ruthlessly, Hooper stretching over for Australia's third try.

The conversion was missed and Wales narrowed its deficit from nine to six through Halfpenny 12 minutes into the second period before the full-back failed to hit the target with a kick from halfway.

At that point, the game was in the balance, but Beale's eye-catching score settled any Australia's nerves.

A series of infractions from the visitors culminated in Hooper being yellow-carded with 12 minutes remaining, but Wales' subsequent pressure went unrewarded before Amos touched down in the final minute for a try that was followed by Jonathan Davies's worrying injury.